Sunday, September 13, 2009

Google Article

It's weird to think about how people all around this world have one saying that we can all understand: Just Google it! Take a step back and think about it. If I were in Australia right now and wanted to know why kangaroos hop, I wouldn't have to ask anyone, i could just google it.
Mr. Bill Thompson makes many great points in his article but my favorite one was when he say " Perhaps the real danger posed by screen-based technologies is not that they are rewiring our brains but that the collection of search engines, news feeds and social tools encourages us to link to, follow and read only that which we can easily assimilate." I think that is a powerful statement because he is trying to tell us to make an assessment by ourselves rather than by what the internet links us to.
All in all this was an extremely interesting article, I even made a few of my friends read it, I will think twice before i take the easy route and Google next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment